1/20/2018

Sea Teacher’s Day 1 (Jakarta to Manila)

Saturday, January 20 2018

The day that I have been waiting for is coming. I am so excited to join Sea Teacher’s program. My host university is Roosevelt College Inc. in Sumulong Highway, Cainta Rizal, Philippines.
I go to Soekarno-Hatta International Airport early morning. My Family accompanied me by car. We go from Cimahi at 00.00 a.m. to avoid traffic jam. So we arrive at 4 o’clock and then we pray Shubuh at the airport. We have many times before the flight schedule to Manila, so we walk around the Terminal 2 and take some photos.

family
At a half past eight I take leave to my family. I can’t hold to do-not-cry when I hug mom and dad. Cause it’s my first time to go abroad and also without my parents. They are advice me to take care of my self.
I wait for two friends other from UPI with Erwin (my partner in RCI).  But until 9.15 they still aren’t coming. So Erwin and I get check-in first. At eleven we are in waiting room.
At 11.30 a.m. the plane take-off. It will take for 4 hours from Jakarta to Manila. Because of all of us are in separated seat, I just spend time to sleep and do nothing while look at the window.
I like to see the sky from the window. The clouds look like a clump of cotton candy. The blue and white is the best combination color. I am so lucky to get seat besides the window.

The blue sky
We arrive at Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA) at 16.45 Philippines time. It is like we spend for five hours but isn’t. It’s just because Jakarta and Manila has different time, Manila is head one hour.
Ninoy Aquino International Airport.


Actually Ma’am Jaja already to pick up us to Roosevelt College Inc. She doesn’t come alone. She comes with our buddies. (Buddies is friends that will accompany us during we do Sea-Teacher programs. Buddies can guide us, how to take the public transportation, where we can find something needed, teach us about Philippines, the people, and their culture.)
We are only three who receiving by RCI. Erwin and I from UPI and another one is Robiatul (Ami) from UNLAM. In RCI office we meet Ma’am Dena. She was the coordinator from RCI. She also the one who searching for the place that can use for us during this program. In the office Ma’am Dena serves us chicken and rice. She tells that are Halal food, and we can eat that. After eat we go to the address that we will be placed.
We got a house with 2 bedrooms, one bathroom, living room and dining room. We also can cook at the kitchen. This house in the Ateneoville  (around 100 houses of faculty and staff of Ateneo de Manila University), Nangka, Marikina City. She tells that it’s very secure here, and also nearby her home.
We just arrive at the house at 10 pm. It’s so dark and quiet. When we feel scared while we clear up the house, Ma’am Dena accompany us very well. She help us to put away the things that can be scared for us (some of the owner things in this house are scared). She is very kind and full of attention. We are so lucky to meet her. Like we have our mother in here. At 11.30 p.m. we are done for clear up the house. So we can go sleep then. I feel very tired –all of us are very tired cause by the long trip– so I went to bed first. My bed is in the same room with Ami.
I haven’t take a photo with Ma’am Dena or our buddies yet for this day. I still have 29 days here, right?

Regards,
Safitri Kurnia Awaliyah
Sea-Teacher batch 5th participants.

No comments:

Post a Comment

saf13. Powered by Blogger.